Want to take your next Japanese school event to the next level? JLTAWA Members can hire a kakigori machine for FREE. We have two machines available for hire.
- Click on link provided (https://teamup.com/kssw5edbkn3m3ooamr)
- Click on a date and a new window pops up
- Enter the event title as Teacher name and school name
- Enter FROM and TO date/s and click “ALL DAY”.
- Click in Calendar to select a machine (or both). Be sure to check that the machines are available on your selected day.
- Once you have booked online, email Rosanne Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org) to organise pickup times and locations.
Additional equipment you will need:
ice – bags from local petrol station, usually 3 for $10
cordial / syrup
extra large bowls to catch & serve ice faster when making for larger groups
gloves (OHS – serving food, your canteen may lend you a few pairs)
A limited supply of straws with spoon ends are available from JLTAWA $5 for 250/pkt. Please request these at the time of booking the machines.
Instructions for use:
- Add ice to top of machine.
- Push down the plunger.
- Catch shaved ice below.
- Scoop into cups, add syrup and serve.