You are invited to become a member of MLTAWA. Membership is for one year from 1 April to 31 March.
For new members joining at the beginning of the school year (from 01 February), we offer a bonus membership period: Membership will be valid until 31 March the following year.
Existing members can extend their membership at any time. One year will be added on to the existing membership that expires on 31 March.
Keep up to date with changes in the Languages’ space, network with other Japanese teachers and attend PL events.
- Strong advocacy for the teaching and learning of languages in Western Australia
- Representation at forums and symposiums in the wider education community at the national, state, and local levels
- Membership of the Australian Federation of Modern Languages Teachers’ Associations (AFMLTA), which represents languages and language teachers both nationally and internationally (AFMLTA is affiliated with FIPLV – Fédération Internationale des Professeurs de Langues Vivantes)
- Members’ rates for professional learning activities, including free workshops
- Links to local, national and international networks of colleagues
- Subscription to Babel, the journal of the AFMLTA, and the AFMLTA News in Brief
- Access to the MLTAWA website, keeping you up-to-date with local languages events and developments and special members-only resources
- Email updates on emerging trends and events in language education
- Free social networking functions such as the famous MLTAWA Sundowner
- A subsidised AGM function
- Eligibility for the Hilde Dixon Award
- Eligibility to nominate a school leader for the Principal’s Award
Select “Japanese” JLTAWA as your single language association